There was an update to CS:GO on Wednesday, Mani was broken on both Windows and Linux. I compiled Mani against the latest engine changes and all should be well again. See Releases page for download.
The updated CS:GO archive contains the latest gametypes.txt. There was also an update to all the other games during the week so anyone running Mani on those games (CS:S, DOD:S, HL2:DM & TF2), will need to get an updated gametypes.txt
If you're upgrading from V.126.96.36.199 then replace:
Game_Dir/addons/* (replace all the files/folders)
If you're actually upgrading from a Mani version BEFORE V.188.8.131.52 then replace :
Game_Dir/addons/* (replace all the files/folder)
We are pleased to announce that an update to Mani Admin Plug-in has been released to fix a number of bugs!
It is advised to update your current installation of Mani Admin Plug-in to the latest build in order to benefit from the latest bugfixes and improvements.
Me and birkett originally planned to iron out all the bugs before making this release (bug list for CSGO would of been shorter). Since fixing the CSGO engine bug was taking longer than expected, I decided to do a bugfix release so people could actually benefit from a mostly fixed plugin (e.g. being able to change maps without a work around). The next version of Mani was originally going to be "1.2.23" (we're dropping the build number in future), however since I've opted for a bugfix release the build number has been kept for the moment and bumped up.
Updated archives can be found on the Releases page. See below for a change log, outstanding bugs, how to upgrade & final notes.
For the time being CSGO - Windows should be considered a beta and not stable.
Welcome to the changelog of the latest version of Mani Admin Plug-in. The new Mani Admin Plug-in changes are:
- Fixed Map detection across all game engines. You will now need to manually create a mapcycle.txt and/or maplist.txt in the cfg directory in order for Mani to read your custom maps without use of the custom directory. If neither text documents are present Mani will read from "/cfg/mapcycle_default.txt" as a fall back.
- Gametypes.txt has been updated across all game engines and packaged into each individual archive (all archives now have the same gametypes.txt until the next update).
- The Orangebox games have now been split into their own plugins due to the Valve splitting the games into their own engines.
- Admin Menu is CSGO Linux has been fixed.
- Warmup Timer for CSS/CSGO has been fixed (see "Outstanding Issues" below).
- Today's update for CSS, DOD:S & HL2:MP has been fixed.
This list will detail outstanding issues for all games that affect the functionality of Mani Admin Plugin-in:
CSGO Windows - There is currently a major engine bug that's affecting the "Advanced Effects" in the Windows version.
- Valve introduced a feature in CSGO's server.dll called a "LTGC optimized calling convention", what this means is "Slot Reservation" in Windows is broken until a major rewrite to Mani is done.
- ma_beacon will crash the server.
- Attempting to buy any weapons from the buy menu will push you back to the previous menu (ma_give works fine though).
- Enabling the Warmup Timer will crash the server upon joining (This isn't the case on Linux).
CSGO Linux - Just one issue
- Attempting to buy the m4a1-s, usp-s or cz75a will push you back to the previous menu (all other guns work fine).
If for whatever reason you cannot perform a clean install of Mani then the following files/flolders must be replaced:
Game_Dir/addons/* (replace all the files/folder)
There have been three new weapons that Valve introduced in CSGO which can be given using the following commands:
ma_give #self weapon_usp_silencer
ma_give #self weapon_m4a1_silencer
ma_give #self weapon_cz75a
We've also removed "Create VDF" from current archives. In future to load Mani do either of the following in your server console:
Valve Server Plugin (VSP)
|Windows Server:||Linux Server:|
MetaMod: Source (MMS)
|meta load addons/mani_admin_plugin/bin/mani_admin_plugin_mm|
A VDF file will be created upon successfully loading the plugin; you'll only need to run the command once.
Dear supporters of Mani-Admin-Plug-in,
Unfortunately, we have sad news today. We will be closing shops by the end of this month. The reason for this decision was that we don't have enough manpower anymore to be dealing with the frequent updates for the source engine and all its different versions. Real life just simply does not allow for such time consuming hobby’s anymore. This was a tough decision, but from our point of view, it's better to bring it to an end now, than allowing it to continue to slowly fall apart on its own. We have disabled user registration for that reason.
We want to give a really big THANK YOU to all of you who supported us during all these years. We have given M-A-P a great lifetime from being a simple server plug-in to becoming part of a huge community that has hosted M-A-P on their servers for all these years. We especially want to say thanks to:
- Mani - Core Developer
- Keeper - Core Developer
- VuurWerk - Core Developer & Site Hoster
- xFactor - Moderator & Author of M-A-P Stats Reader
- Schlabberdog - Author of ManiWebAdmin
- Nux - Former Administrator
- Isias - Administrator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Mattie - Developer of Eventscripts (good community relationship over all these years)
- Bailopan - Developer of SourceMod (helping us out or giving us SRCDS related hints from time to time)
- nomy - Global Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Malak101 - Global Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Kleos - Global Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- _James2k_ - Former Global Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Papy - Former French Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Magician - Former French Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- DeaD_Eye - Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Gonzo - Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Rogue/bobbobagan - Former Global Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- Du bist Deutschland - Former German Moderator & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
- flash477 - Author of the M-A-P V1.0/1.1 documentation & Long Time Supporter of M-A-P
Everybody else we forgot to mention and especially:
All our Users / Donors / Supporters!
So, after exactly 8 years with ups and downs, M-A-P has finally reached the end of its life. The initial release of Mani Admin Plug-in was V.1.0.0, released 30th December 2004. It’s been great running M-A-P with you guys.
Thanks for all the love and all the support.